Popular social networking sites are springing up all the time. Below you will find a list of 10 of the most popular ones. Whether you simply want to communicate with friends and family or whether you want to leverage its potential for marketing purposes, you need to be familiar with the popular ones and how to use them efficiently and effectively.
Social networking is becoming more common amongst businesses of every size. It enables them to keep customers informed, build relationships with them and help their rankings in the search engines.
The video below shows a very simple but effect way to use social media. Create a video with a challenging message, post it to You Tube, tweet it on Twitter, make a comment on your blog about it and post an image on Pinterest.
Here’s a list popular social networking sites to wet your appetite and get you going:
1. Facebook – Facebook is probably the most well known of all the social networking sites. It enables you to create webpages that can be shared with your friends and business associates in the niche you’re in. You can also build a group that enables you to share offers and network with others.
2.YouTube – If a picture speaks a thousand words, what does a video do? It creates an an impact that is unforgettable if done right! You are able to create a channel through which you can teach, build relationships, stimulate interest and use as a marketing tool.
3. Pinterest. – Allows you to pin images that are of interest to you and create a following. Great for getting traffic to your site. It is reported to be growing faster than Facebook and therefore carries huge potential for marketing and search engine optimization.
4.Twitter – This is a great way to sent a quick message out to friends and followers in your niche. You can use it to help people by answering questions and therefore build a relationships. You can also use it to send out announcements of a current or upcoming product launch, policy or product change as well as find people to potentially network with.
5. Squidoo – This is a great way to stimulate interest and build credibility with a target or niche group. By creating you own lens you’re able to share your knowledge and experience which in turn helps to build trust and relationships. As you do this effectively you’ll be able to draw more people to your website.
6. Hubpages works in a very similar to way to Squidoo and therefore allows you to build relationships, links and traffic.
7. MySpace – works in a similar way to Facebook but has lost a lot of popularity with the growth of Facebook. It is still worthwhile using the site in the same way to build and develop relationships.
8. LinkedIn – This is a business networking site for people in business wanting to make friends with people they can talk over common interests and work with for mutual benefit.
9. Classmates – Classmates is a social site for old school friends. It enables you to renew old friendships that have been broken over the years and update them with what happening in your life. you can share your interests and find out what they’re up too.
10. Xanga – If you like blogging and networking then Xanga is the place to go. It will enables you to share as you would on a blog but the power of networking.
Popular social network sites in the news
VentureBeat. Microsoft silently launches So. cl its attempt at a social networking site. VentureBeat. Microsoft has officially launched an experimental social networking site called So. cl which combines facets of social networking search and media sharing with a user interface resembling Google When we last heard about it So. cl pronounced Microsoft’s So. cl network launched amid Facebook pressZDNet blog Microsoft Opens Up Its Social Search Site So. cl’PC Magazine. Microsoft quietly launches So. cl social networkCNET. Ghacks Technology News Business Insider The Next Web blog all 16 news articles.…Microsoft silently launches So cl its attempt at a social networking site VentureBeat
The dangers of social networking. Daily Home Online. by Mark Ledbetter Facebook is one of the most popular social networking sites on the Internet with 750 million users. Bob Crisp The Daily Home With 750 million subscribers Facebook easily overshadows all Internet social network providers. and more.…The dangers of social networking Daily Home Online
Social networking site shares world’s pain. Herald Sun. This put the value of the social network at a staggering US 104.2 billion A 105.9 billion Facebook shares floated on the Nasdaq exchange in the middle of the mayhem still managed to rise a marginal 0.6 per cent as investors scrambled to get in on.…Social networking site shares world’s pain Herald Sun